The electric forklift is economical and environmentally friendly, has no exhaust emission, does not pollute the air, and has no noise during operation. It also has the characteristics of good starting performance, stable operation, simple operation, low operating cost and long service life of the whole vehicle.
But without proper maintenance, even the best equipment will fail prematurely and increase costs. The battery as a power source is one of the most important parts of electric forklifts, and many customers have no concept of maintenance.
Most of the maintenance methods can be found in the instructions for use, so here we only list the points you need to be aware of:
1. Clean up external dust and debris in time, wipe the bettery with a damp cloth, do not use a dry cloth to prevent static electricity. That is easy but you need to be careful and keep on doing it regularly.
2. Regularly check the positive and negative columns for looseness and corrosion. It is to make sure it doesn't break.
3. Pay attention to the battery fluid loss, the battery board must be immersed in the battery liquid. If not, add purified water (distilled water) and do not add other untreated water. This does have a significant impact on battery performance and service life. After adding water, the liquid level should be 5-10 mm above the splash guard.
4. The refill plug should be slightly opened during battery charging (let the gas flow out during charging). As shown in the figure, the opening is about 30 degrees, better not to open it completely, to avoid foreign matter floating in and electrolyte splashing during charging.
5. Check the electrolyte concentration regularly after charging. If it is too low, better ask a professional to solve it.
6.Avoid over discharge, better charge before the battery runs out;